Buffett Interviewed By Fox Business Network's Liz Claman

Heading into the weekend where the 2012 Berkshire Hathaway (BRKa) Annual Meeting will happen, Liz Claman of Fox Business Network got the chance to ask Warren Buffett some questions.

Here are some of Buffett's answers:

Whether Others Knew or Influenced Him In Buying IBM
"Well it was my idea, but if it doesn't work out we will say it was Charlie's. They [his other investment managers] did not know I was buying it. I don't tell them. Charlie didn't know I was buying it until I was way into it... maybe half way through. I don't talk to Ted [Weschler] and Todd [Combs] about what I am buying or selling or what they are buying or selling."

Buffett: It Was My Idea To Buy Tech Stocks

On Possibly Buying Facebook
"No. I kind of ventured quite a ways out to buy IBM. Facebook would be...my doctor would require a checkup then."

Will Buffett Buy Facebook?

On Whether The Federal Reserve Took The Right Steps
"The whole world was deleveraging and someone had to leverage up and it was only going to be the fed. So they did the right thing."

Buffett: The Fed Had To Act, Did Right Thing

Buffett added that there are side effects to all the monetary stimulus that's been poured into the economy but those effects are delayed. This likely means that the actions of the Federal Reserve in recent years is setting us up for inflation on a delayed basis down the road.

He also mentioned that home construction and related businesses had seen an uptick but only a very slight one.

Buffett: Housing-Related Businesses Are Doing Well

Here's a link to the 2012 Berkshire Hathaway Visitors Guide.

Adam
Share on :
Buffett Interviewed By Fox Business Network's Liz Claman
Buffett Interviewed By Fox Business Network's Liz Claman
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5